Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Blogging @ 80mph

It has been a busy few days since I last posted. Cheryl and the kids came down to Dallas Friday night, and we were able to spend the weekend together in a Spring Hill Suites hotel, compliments of some leftover Marriott rewards points that I had. It was a wonderful time. The kids loved staying in the hotel. We were able to do some outlet shopping on Saturday. And, most importantly, we got to go to Grace Church on Sunday. What a fantastic experience that was! So much hospitality and grace and encouragement.

Every person that asked about our current situation was purposeful in pointing to the faithfulness of God. Many of them have similar experiences to ours. Some of them have done what we did several times and over far greater distances. Yet, when they shared their stories, the "I" in the experience was always secondary to the faithfulness of God. Really, in that sense, they were all telling the same story. "God is faithful. Here's how I experienced His faithfulness..." And they would all end the same way too--"I can't wait to see how God works all of this out for you."

How different, and how much more Biblical than the standard level belly-aching and commiserating that I have so often been guilty of with other Christians. How many brothers and sisters in Christ have I let walk away from a conversation with me with nothing more than a, "Yeah, I know what you mean. That stinks." Where is the faithfulness of God in that? As you can see, I'm deeply convicted again, and renewed in my desire to live differently.

Having said all of that, some of their stories were downright scary. Like, "When I was doing what you were doing, I found a job on the day that my pay ran out from my old job." Gulp. Or, "On the same day that I closed on my house in Dallas I got laid off from my job." Beads of perspiration now forming on my faith-filled brow. The good part was that God faithfully worked things out to the most minor detail for all of them. But seriously, does he always have to play it that close? Maybe just this once He'll display His power and glory by showing up early. Here's hoping!

Well, I'm on my way to Dallas now for a second interview with Robert Half Finance and Accounting. Now that I know that I can blog from my phone it sure makes the drive go quicker! After all, what's the use of having a full qwerty keyboard on your phone if you're not going to use it? Please pray that I would have clarity and use wisdom in this time. I'll update more later.

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments: